Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Two R's and TV

Not blogging much these days. Spent months... off and on... finishing second draft of novel, and it's done. Feeling like a writer with nothing to write. But it's worse than that. I went to Office Depot and printed a copy of the SECOND DRAFT. Had it bound up all fancy like with a black spiral. Handed it over to a reader friend. More than a week ago. The silence is killing me. Is my precious newborn a stinker? Is she too busy to read? Were my delusions of literary fame worse than delusions? Enough about that. It's depressing.

When I get home at night, I want to read, write, or watch TV. More problems there. We cut back on our DirecTV contract and along with fewer dollars comes fewer channels. Having a hard time finding things I want to watch. Only so many channels showing back to back "How I Met Your Mother"s. No more "Project Runway" either. Getting real sick of David Tutera too. His looks of consternation over the bride's horrendous color choices are getting old. And now Michael Scott is gone. Sigh.

Reading... nothing suiting my fancy lately. Recently finished True Grit, which was great, but not a page-turner fave like Harry Potter... which also comes to a screeching halt this summer with the last installment of the film version. It's been nice, all these years, knowing that more Potter was still to come. Wishing for something magical and compelling to come across my Kindle in the upcoming days. Nothing I like better than settling into the bed (or bathtub, truth be told) with a great book in one hand and a popsicle in the other (strange little spring/summer pleasure of mine).

So, if I don't post again for another year after this, you might assume I've either found something great to read, a new TV fad, or I've gathered the courage to start in on another novel (or do REVISION THREE on the current one, if it's got enough potential). See ya.

No comments: